Sunday, June 27, 2010

''Ta Yuan I Chia Nung Chu Lai'' (大員一家農出來). -- (打狗亂歌團) - 嚴詠能

Yan Yung-neng (嚴詠能) and his band ''Takaorun'' (打狗亂歌團) from the southern city of Kaohsiung was awarded the Best Taiwanese-language Album prize for the CD titled ''Ta Yuan I Chia Nung Chu Lai'' (大員一家農出來).

Since it was founded in 2005, Yan’s group has been touring the country’s southern towns and villages, entertaining inhabitants with Taiwanese grassroots music.

Yan says that many elders in farming villages buy his CD but don’t have the equipment to play it.

“So they place the CD on their altar tables and ask the deities to protect my voice,” the friendly bloke says. “I make music for those who are farmers like my grandparents. I think we can all learn from their wonderful and humble attitude toward life.”

No comments: