Wednesday, June 2, 2010

WWILF - wwilf - ''WHAT WAS I LOOKING FOR?''

W.W.I.L.F - w.w.i.l.f - WWILF
''WHAT WAS I LOOKING FOR?''

Hamish MacDonald in Scotland told this blog about this initialism ... means.... "this nicely sums up the endless hours of mental hopscotch one can play on the Internet"

HEAR! HEAR!

Oh, I love that term, WWILF. Just having that in my brain as a distinction has helped me get off that ride from time to time! Unfortunately, I didn't make it up (though I wish I had). Apparently it's been around for a few years:





May 24, 2007 Urban Word of the Day

What Was I Looking For?

Acronym for phrase describing wasting time sufing online, with no results.

''Yikes, I've been surfing online for 7 hours and everybody's mad at me, plus I haven't found anything useful or important. WWILF?''

What Was I Looking For?
Pronounced: wilf

People get bored and search random things on the internet for hours on end.

dude1: dude, what are you doing man?


Dude2: dude, i'm such a wwilf... i've been on Google 2 days now...





http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WWILF&defid=2355565

No comments: